Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all Project 2


Here is my second card using the stamp set Happy Fall Y'all form My Style Stamps!  I LOVE this stamp set, I'm having so much fun coloring her and creating these cards.


I Copic colored the main image with the following colors: skin E00, E11, and R20 Hair E50, E51, E53, and E55 hat and boots E55, E57, and E59 overalls BG72, BG75, and BG78 Shirt RV66, YG03, YG17, YG25 and the hay bale in Y32, Y35, Y38, YR04, and YR07.  



I also changed how I colored the hay bale on this card by adding some horizontal lines in all the colors so it looked more like straw.  


I stamped the chick and chicken onto the watercolor paper and covered them with a mask to protect them from the ink when I did the background.  I colored the chick using a water pen and a Recollections marker in Mandarin and an American Crafts Stamp Marker in Sunflower.  The chicken was stamped on white card stock and I used the Mandarin color for her beak and another American Crafts Stamp Marker in Brown Sugar just so she wasn't perfectly white all over.  I then used some foam squares to give her some dimension.  



I created the background on watercolor paper by smearing around Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Old Paper, Tea Dye, Shabby Shutters, and Mowed Lawn.  I sprayed the ink with water and laid the watercolor paper in the ink and then used my heat tool to set it.  


I cut a banner out of craft card stock using the Spellbinders Nested Pennants die set and stamped the sentiment Howdy Chickie! and did a dashed line around the banner.  I added a cute little bow to the top corner out of some twine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment